Thread: Why Haze!!
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2000, 02:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy

why haze, like GFK says because there are people who are willing to be hazed. Some believe being abused during their process makes them more real. For all those who believe beating, mental abuse, etc. makes you more real, i wish our ancestors who died in slavery could sit you down and explain to you how painful it is to see blacks abusing each other and in the name of uplifting the black community, do we need to be abused in order to prove our worth. No, to allow yourself to be abused by someone just to be down, is not my idea of wisdom. I do believe in a pledge process and it can be done effectively without being abusive to those on line. Those greeks who "hazed" stop treating your neo's like they are not worthy, when it is your own fault that they are not able legally to be pledged today. they look up to you and so many are seeing that what they thought was a step into sister/brotherhood is not that at all. Some of us go to church on Sunday and "praise God" but on Monday look down on the new members, talk about taking somebody's letters off, won't even speak to their own soror or frat, and act like they are some Greek Goddess/God, how UGLY is that.
If pledging makes you feel like a better man or woman so be it but i get my self esteem from the Lord, AKA won't get me to heaven. My founders didn't beat and degrade thier neo's they chose women whose morals, ethics and character would further benifit the sorority and the community they lived in. So don't look down or disrespect new members who choose to do things the way their national office has mandated. We are not gangs, so let 's not act like one.

SkeeeWeeee Sorors of AKA who epitomize what a true Lady is.