View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 03:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Question Being too open during recruitment?

Hello! I'm a long-time lurker on the site and have read all of the recruitment advice regarding being yourself, being open-minded, and being honest, and I couldn't agree with all of that more (why would I want to join a group that doesn't love and accept me for me?).

But just out of curiosity, can you ever be too open and honest? For example, I am absolutely in love with a specific sorority and I plan to attend their informal recruitment event soon. I have also done a lot of personal research on the sorority (it just seemed natural to do before making a potentially life-long commitment like this).
Would it seem weird or inappropriate to mention these facts to the sisters during recruitment? I'm not really sure what to say because I want to show them that I am very interested and ask them questions, but I already know about their philanthropy, values, etc.

And on a complete side-note, what do you all consider to be dressing "casually" as far as recruitment goes? I was planning to wear a nice, but simple top, jeans (no tears or anything), and some nice flats...is that too simple? I wear that outfit all of the time (to class, hanging out, etc.) and didn't know if casual meant something different during recruitment times.

Thanks in advance!