View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 07:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbino View Post
The Jesuits are such excellent educators that I know that any campus that they teach at will require a student to fully engage in learning in order to stay enrolled. Their high school programs are all "college prep" because there is no need for a Jesuit education if it does not prepare one for further academic study.

Whether it is Loyola University in Chicago (I worked here for a few years), Marquette University in Milwaukee, Washington University in St. Louis, College of the Holy Cross in Worcester, Massachusetts, or any of the other numerous Jesuit institutions, a Jesuit education is a true liberal arts education, no matter what the field of study.

Integrating the classics with theological thought and social justice, the Jesuits teach a timeless academic tradition that is both contemporary and historical at the same time. Members of my own family have gone to Jesuit schools, so I am familiar with their curriculum. I am no longer Roman Catholic. But the Jesuits still impress me with their educational standards.

How could you forget the flagship Jesuit university, my beloved Georgetown???

Also, St. Louis University is Jesuit but Washington University in St. Louis is not.