View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 01:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolefille View Post
(This is getting a little creepy here people. Why does everyone care so much about finding her facebook page.)

I don't get why it's so terrible to Google someone. The information is public. If you put yourself out there, you can't have an expectation that no one will find you. I Google a lot of things.

Add to the fact that people here are complaining about a perp, gave her name, her location and the sorority she pledged, it's human nature to be curious as to what everyone is talking about.

And yes, the internet search came to a chapter's FB page, but if you look at the "fan" list (I didn't click the link), this woman's picture and name was the very first one shown on the side of the page.

I just put two and two together that the name POSTED HERE IN THIS THREAD, the fact that her public profile lists that she attended school in the STATE THAT PEOPLE POSTED IN THIS THREAD during the TIME THIS WOMAN SAID SHE PLEDGED, and all the images related to THE SORORITY THAT THIS WOMAN AND OTHER PEOPLE POSTED ON GREEKCHAT

If people are posting about something/someone, they should expect that others will be interested and do a quick search online.

I'm not doing anything with the information that is already out there and very readily available to ANYONE. Again, I don't get why it's such a crime here.