View Single Post
Old 08-31-2014, 08:50 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm back. She came home this afternoon to see her dogs so I couldn't really spend time writing the next part of the story.

Philanthropy Day - 9 parties - she studied each group over the summer so that she would be aware of both their National and Local Philanthropies.

They aren't supposed to text but everyone knows they do. She sent me a message that said 9 - well of course I wanted more information than that. A couple of hours later she told me she was cut by Academic Plaza, G Rollie White, and Kyle Field. These are all sororities that most likely have a lot of legacies and have to make heavy cuts. This is where being from a small town with no connections may have hurt her. She really wasn't bothered by these cuts because she still has a full schedule.

9 Parties

Fish Camp she really wants to like this chapter and today they moved up the list a little. She still only talked to one girl but she really likes the Philanthropy of this group.

MSC even though this chapter is not one of the strongest on campus my DD loves the philanthropy for this group. However, after visiting more with this group today she still does not feel like she fits with this group of women.

Reveille my DD would be fine returning here and had great conversation but she's not quite sure if they are for her.

Bonfire - she is falling more in love with this chapter. The philanthropy for this group fits in with a group her entire family is heavily involved with. Yesterday there were 3 groups that were stacked at the top with no real preference. Today Bonfire has pulled away a little.

Corps of Cadets -She had ranked this group in her bottom 3 on Tuesday but had a better visit today. She visited with a couple of really sweet women here. She's still not sure if she fits in here. However, she likes their philanthropy.

Silver Taps - The visit here just seemed forced and there was a lot of dead time. She will rank this in her bottom three again today.

Century Tree - This group dropped from the first day and she will rank them in her bottom three. There just not good conversation at all today. They were almost in the bottom 3 yesterday and Corps of Cadets improved today.

Olsen Field - This group fell off a little today because my daughter does not see herself taking part in the philanthropy. It's not that she doesn't believe in it or doesn't like it, she just does not think it fits with her personality. It's hard to explain but I agree 100%.

Muster - this group separated itself into the top two today with Bonfire. She still spoke to several officers and really likes this group and is her favorite philanthropy. She talked about a dear friend that was affected by the cause this group supports.

This was a day that would never end. Finally ranking at about 9 pm

1. Bonfire
1. Muster
1. Olsen Field
1. Fish Camp
1. Reveille
1. Corps of Cadets
10. Century Tree
11. Silver Taps
12. MSC

She get's to sleep in a little tomorrow and is ready to see if she will have another full schedule. The stress is starting to get to her. She shed a few tears tonight just from sheer exhaustion and stress.

I will post Skit day tomorrow morning and try to do pref day tomorrow night. I don't get the day off so I'll have to actually get some work done at some point.

Last edited by adiisis; 08-31-2014 at 08:58 PM.