Thread: Dear Troll
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 03:17 PM
GreekChat Member

When I was an advisor, there was a girl in my chapter who wanted to “drop.” She was seriously considering it. She didn’t know if she could meet the financial obligations, and she said she didn’t feel like she was fitting in. She didn’t initiate with her class, which was her decision (and it was approved by National Staff), and she had many doubts. But eventually she decided to initiate, the chapter had a small ceremony for her, and she’s been happy as a clam ever since.

So yes, it IS possible for new members/sisters to think about resigning, but then to come to the realization that it's not as bad as they thought.

However, this girl went to her big first, then to the president, and the president directed her to the chapter advisor. She discussed everything with SISTERS whom she KNOWS, and then she thought long and hard ON HER OWN and decided that she wanted to stick it out. She didn’t come to a public message board and ask whether or not she should initiate or go her separate way.

The people who do come here regarding such matters remind me of the trolls who ask for advice, then get mad when you don’t tell them what they want to hear. I feel like the troll who is here asking if they should resign already KNOWS that they really want to, they’re just looking for reassurance that it’s the right thing to do.

@~/~~~~