View Single Post
Old 10-02-2017, 12:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdyGreek View Post
Bid Day should be more joyful than it is. (I watched a video of one of the other houses on her campus on Bid Day where the recruitment chair is reading the list of bids to actives and there aren't a lot of smiles and cheers. It's a lot of stone faces, questioning looks and a few "who?" are visible. Dissatisfaction is on both sides.)

That is quite surprising, that someone posted a video of that. Bear in mind those actives are exhausted and sleep deprived, just for starters. I wouldn't go so far as to say "dissatisfaction is on both sides", but that's my experience based on decades of volunteering. I don't remember cheers or much energy at all. Everyone was wiped out.

Not sure what campus your daughter is at. At many large campuses (Alabama, Arizona come to mind and I know there are many others) there is a publication which lists, among other things, the typical costs for each chapter. The Arizona publication is called "The Bond". I saw the one for Alabama and was impressed.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity

Last edited by AZTheta; 10-02-2017 at 01:03 PM.