View Single Post
Old 09-07-2021, 03:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Dropped back in to GC after months away and see that things haven't changed. Sigh. GoGoolia, I disagree with those who say "too bad she dropped". I'm not going to victim blame or shame; quite the reverse. Have we all conveniently forgotten what it felt like to be 17-18-19 and go through a stressful situation alone? To have our hearts set on something and not have it work out the way we wanted? Sheesh. Further, she didn't like her remaining choices. So she opted to withdraw. She gets to live with her decision. She's sad. She's hurting. I can empathize. Others can too but probably aren't voicing their support for a myriad of reasons.

For you, as the AOII alum/mom - this is painful and a life lesson that we all would like to skip. My suggestion is to simply listen to your daughter and take a "wait and see" approach. I gather you've been somewhat removed from all the changes in recruitment and legacy policies, for starters. I hope your AOII sisters will continue to support you as they have here. And there may yet be a sorority membership in her future. I have many stories of "failed first recruitments" that ended with success the second (or even the third) time around. There's a member here with a story of finding her home after three fails. Hang in there. I hope you see this and don't give up.

Going back to where I came from now.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity