Thread: Fred Hatchett
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2000, 01:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Yes, fred, I dio call the sinners in my fraternity my brothers... "for all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God". Does that mean that I can't call my father dad because he sins? Does that mean that I can't call my christian brother brother because he sins? Why do you only focus on greeks?

This is just my opinion, but I think taht most people on this site will agree with me. If you really think that God has put you on this earth to denounce GLO's then fine. Don't let me stop you. Here is a hint, though...instead of bashing what we as GLO members think about God's part in our and our GLO's life, tone down your argument. The only thing that you are getting across right now is that you are stubborn and are not open to anyone else's opinion, which doesn't fly when talking about Christianity. I went to a church service tonite with 14 of my brothers and 40+ other greek students on my campus. God is moving through our greek system because we are inviting people to church and are willing to listen to what they believe in.

Back to a point in my first message about judging...in case you forgot to read the Bible on this topic, or didnt know that it was in teh Bible, here are a few places to look...espically since you are so eager to say who or what denomination is or isn't christian (your comment about Cathloics applys here)--
1. Don't judge others' motives or convictions (1 Cor 4:3)
2. Don't judge others personal convictions (Rom 14:1-8)