Thread: Fred Hatchett
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2000, 02:56 PM
GreekChat Member

It is interesting that you mention Matthew 7:21 in your post. Go just 20 verses earlier and read Matthew 7:1-6. 1"Do not judge, or you too will be judged." 5"You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your (christian) brother's eye."

God was very clear in Matthew 7:21. Not everyone who calls his name will go to heaven. John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." To believe in him means you are saved, and to be saved..."If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you shall be saved." Romans 10:9.

I joined a GLO for the leadership, brotherhood between men, and networking. I became a Christian because I believe in God and his plan for my life. I also believe that joining a GLO was God's plan mfor me. I go to church each week with 5 of my fraternity brothers, who before I invited them to my church they had never or seldom went to any church. I am winning people for christ, and if that takes joining a GLO to do so, then I will trust God and glorify his name in the process.