View Single Post
Old 11-28-2009, 05:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Any info on grandfather's fraternity?

Last night, my grandmother and I were looking through some of her old jewelry and we came across some really great stuff. My grandmother kept a couple of her old badges (one from a drama fraternity and the other from a sorority formed of women educators). We also came across some items that belonged to my grandfather, but I can't for the life of me find any information on Alpha Beta Gamma.

My grandfather studied Aeronautics and Meteorology at St. Louis University; he graduated 1952. One of the items (a beer stein, actually) has the the fraternity crest, letters and has a plane and rocket flanking the crest. The other item, a necklace, is rectangular with a diamond shape in the middle. At the peak of the diamond is a star. In the middle are the greek letters and below the letters is a lamp. I will post pictures when I get home tomorrow evening.

I know there is an Alpha Beta Gamma honorary business fraternity, which was founded in 1970 but I don't think this is the same fraternity.

If the brilliant minds of GC would help me learn more about my grandfather's fraternity, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!

"Life is service. The one who progresses is the one who gives his fellow human beings a little more, a little better service." - E. M. Statler 1863 - 1928