View Single Post
Old 02-28-2018, 03:37 AM
GreekChat Member

It's best to do activities that you feel a connection to and are passionate about. There is no one-size-fits-all. Every sorority has all different types of women.

Even if there was a one-size-fits-all activity (and I reiterate that there is not), joining an organization just because you hope it might help you get into a sorority would not be a good use of your time. Focus on your interests, and join activities based on that--this method will ensure you are happy with what you do and you will be more inspired to get more involved and take on leadership roles.

I'm sorry that you did not get a bid, but the best thing to do right now is to:
  • keep your grades high,
  • get involved on campus with things you are excited and passionate about,
  • meet more people around campus,
  • take an honest and reflective look at your recruitment experience and what you need to improve (i.e. You say your GPA is "fine," but that does not mean it is good; being "talkative" doesn't mean you don't need improvement in conversation skills; also reflect on whether you were truly open to all the chapters, as well as your attitude and presence; etc.),
  • if you meet sorority women around campus and the situation presents itself then try to get to know them and/or befriend them (hopefully this doesn't need to be said, but don't be creepy).
Loyal, forever, Alpha to thee