View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 06:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Argh, I need to vent.

So back in November, my half-sister set her wedding date for 2 weeks before ours (long after we had set our date and sent our save-the-dates). I knew full well that we weren't going to be able to go - it's a destination wedding in California (we live in Ohio). There's just no way we could afford it right now with our wedding expenses, plus trying to fit it in between moving, graduating, and the general craziness that May is going to be. I sent the RSVP back the day after I got the invite in March.

Fast forward to today when she sends this pissy email to my dad saying how disappointed she is that we didn't make the effort to come to her wedding or even send back the RSVP (um, okay - you need to talk to the USPS about that one). I seriously don't feel bad. She chose to get married two weeks before me, forcing a lot of our out-of-towners to have to choose between the weddings. And in terms of "effort," this is the same sister who hadn't bothered to call/email/smoke signal our dad for years until she got engaged, DESPITE my dad's repeated attempts to keep in touch.

I think she expects us to feel guilty because she RSVPd yes to ours, but we just DON'T. Maybe I'm being a bridezilla, but I don't care.