View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 12:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiSis View Post
While the lane swerve isn't EXACTLY on target, it does provide a nice framework from which to make a personal plan. COB is (I think) still more organized than some fraternities' informal rush, so she will be invited to a party of sorts. Having her show up to an evening hanging out with friends and then somehow getting a bid can be as awkward as giving the hard sell up front.
As someone who only COBed, and learned the hard way the best way to do it, I wouldn't agree with this point entirely. Yes, for the most part, sorority informal recruitment is more "formal" than fraternity informal recruitment, but the way to recruit best is actually very similar. Especially in a situation such as this.

Because the OP knows nothing of the PNM's interest (or lack thereof), befriending her is key. The sorority can wait. Introducing her to members outside of an official sorority event puts less pressure on the PNM and makes the possible transition to membership less stressful. Friendship first, sorority later is a great strategy, and one that, in my opinion, isn't used often enough.

@~/~~~~