Thread: Convention 2010
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 04:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Convention was awesome! As always after either a PM or a General Convention, I am so energized for Kappa! I was so proud of my region and province for the awards and honorable mentions received.

Fleur de lis and I got to meet and even had lunch together one time. I attended her educational session (she did a great job!). She and my roomie were two of the presenters, so I was able to cheer them both on.

We raised $5,000 more for the Foundation than was targeted--GO KAPPAS!!!

The heat was not as bad as I had thought. Yes, it is hot (how can 108 degrees not be!), but the no humidity really was a help. Luckily, my roomie liked a cold room, too.

I was on the Courtesy Resolutions Committee. We had a blast coming up with our presention and were thrilled at the reception from the audience.

The shopping was so-o-o-o tempting. I bought a couple of things but also won one of the door prizes! The drum line at breakfast one morning was terrific!!! What a way to start the day! The service was impeccable, the hotel was beautiful, the beds were so comfy, the food was delicious, and the meetings were well run. I was very impressed with our Alumnae Achievement Award winners (past and present) and sorry that Nancy O'Dell didn't get to come.

What incredible women we share a bond with!