View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
It's a bit of a lane swerve, but I find the "baby" stuff being hazing to be completely absurd. Try telling a jury you were hazed because someone called you a baby whatever. They'd think you were an idiot and promptly return a defendant's verdict.

It appears some NPC groups have forgotten what hazing really is. It's kind of like the zero tolerance policies you hear about at schools where kids are suspended for bringing little GI*Joe guns to school.
NPC groups calling absurb things hazing is nothing new. Example: We were told a bulletin board in the house with our new pledges' pictures, majors and a little bit about them on it - quite handy for sisters who had busy schedules and not a lot of time to get to know the pledges right off the bat - was hazing. Reason? It "put the pledges on display." This is 15 years ago.

We're just commenting on the raaaaaaaayn on your wedding day that supposedly eliminating one "awful" term just caused another to spring up - one that many people find more "demeaning" than the worst word EVER CREATED EVER.

And I do agree w/ sherrybaby that it's a generational thing. I don't hate it because I think it's hazing. I hate it because I think it's stupid. I also think Hello Kitty is stupid and that ish is all over college campuses.