View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 03:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekeguy View Post
===================================

OK, I just have to say this. There is no such thing as a gray tux. Dinner jackets come in black for winter and white for summer. Bow ties only.
Dinner jackets are NOT worn before 6 PM at the earliest. Gray, green, orange, brown, or whatever are worn by the band leader and his people.
Very Formal evening wedding = full evening dress (white tie and tails).

If it is to be a formal daytime wedding it is full morning coat and waist coat with stiff collar shirt and long tie, not an ascot, which is worn with an open collar shirt and blazer.
Semi-formal is a short morning coat (sometimes called a stroller or directors jacket) with a turn down collar and long tie. Lot of leeway in the waistcoat with a short morning coat.

Informal is a suit with business shirt and tie.

Casual is anything from a blazer to whatever.

Note: Deep South in warm weather. White linnen suit, with or without waistcoat, white shirt, long tie. Can be worn day or evening. Old tradition in New Orleans.

If its your wedding you choose what you want. Just don't call it something it isn't and don't wear the wrong rig at the wrong time.

The eleventh commandment as handed down to gentlemen since time immemorial!
1. Breathe.
2. I believe that I have heard this before. Excellent info for the technicalities of things.