View Single Post
Old 07-27-2005, 10:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: "We didn't vote about whether Rosa Parks got to sit on the front of the bus or no

Quote:
Originally posted by valkyrie
This is the only statement in this entire thread that makes any sense. Put the cross on private land and STFU.
That's the thing... It was voted to make that land private. It is an old WWII memorial. San Diego, CA is a huge military town and has that legacy. To remove the cross from the mountains it was put upon would be erasing part of the culture of San Diego.

I guess folks can say the same thing about the Confederate Flag...

But the land is now privately owned... It used to not be owned privately, but now it is... And the opposition wants to fight a losing court battle that has been voted on by the people 3 times and have lost the vote...

I can see if it was about people and affecting their rights as citizens.

But this is about a landmark in the city about the men who died for this country placing a Christian marker on land to memorialize them. That is all it is about...

If that cross is removed, these buttwipes will decimate the land and pave paradise and put up a parking lot...

Whatever, for the will of the people...

Freedom ain't free, I guess...

"Yo soy una mujer negra" ~Zoe Saldana