View Single Post
Old 08-24-2001, 01:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Today, the girls picked up their invitations to Pref. The campus was full of mothers who had come to support their heartbroken daughters. There is so much unhappiness and hurt. Girls who thought things were going so great, were in tears, shocked and dismayed. Though many are having a fantastic rush, there is by far more disappointment than joy. This is terrible and so sad. My daughter told me 4 more local girls dropped out. She is certain the number is greater since her dorm is not in the thick of things. I know these girls! I can see no reason,(the majority have intelligence, attractiveness, charitable works, charm)for them to be so easily dismissed. You can throw everything I said yesterday out the window because there is little sense that I can see in these girls being cut so freely. When something becomes more destructive to an individual than beneficial, perhaps it's time to re-evaluate. Maybe it's a fluke of a year, but my oh my...

Last night as a smaller version of the group gathered, they discussed all the options and possibilities. It was agreed that on this campus, it would be better to be Greek than GDI.
The skits were all great. My daughter told me she knew she would be cut by one sorority. She said she could tell by the way her rusher interacted with her. She was right. She is fine with it because she kept an open mind and only went to the houses she felt comfortable with. It's funny, but her initial impression is right where she's at. So, the loss of one doesn't overshadow the joy of the others. She is so very fortunate, and she knows it. She will attend 3 parties tonight. Each has it's own special strengths and attraction for her. The Rho Chis gave some wonderful advice. They told the girls tonight is the time to look around you, not at the sisters, but at the other rushees. That's who you will be spending the next 4 years with.

They sign their cards tonight and find out where they will be...IF they will be, late tomorrow afternoon.