View Single Post
Old 06-20-2015, 07:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECrushee View Post
I really like the idea of doing my recruitment story live, but do you think it would somehow hurt rush experience? I don't see how anyone would figure out who I am just based off my experiences but my school would be extremely obvious. I think it'd be nice to be surrounded by an online greek community and hear advice from women other than my mother, who wasn't greek, (in fact she has a poor viewpoint on rush completely) and just wouldn't understand.
Have you ever heard the saying, "Don't assume, it makes an ass of you and me?" Don't assume no one knows who you are on this board. Many members are sleuths and there are people who can and will out you. You can tell us that you were at ABC house and you felt very awkward there because the chapter member did this or that. "While there, we talked about my sports prowess and we both think Koala Bears are the greatest things since sliced bread." The member you mentioned remembers that conversation and tell her sisters you felt awkward for whatever reason. Not only did she tell her ABC sisters, but her biological sister belongs to WXY and that now she knows what you said and can relate the story to her sisters. Not only will the sisters possibly be offended by what you wrote and drop you, but follow along online and see what else you say about chapters. DON'T HURT YOUR CHANCES JUST BECAUSE YOU WANT TO SHARE YOUR STORY WITH A BUNCH OF STRANGERS!!!

DaffyKD

Last edited by DaffyKD; 06-21-2015 at 12:39 AM.