View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 12:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Hello all! My daughter went through recruitment last year at IU, so thought I would finally check in. She is a sophomore this year and is enjoying her first year on the other side. It has been exhausting, but she has liked meeting all the PNMs.

I was also in a sorority at IU and I agree that it used to go 18, 12, 8, 4, 2 with the 18 round being held in the fall and then the others in early January. The current 9 to 2 is a big release, and the PNMs just have to do their best in ranking whatever it is that they have left when they attend the 9 round. My daughter had 7. She was not asked back to one of her top 2 going into preference, so it is a reminder that it is important who you list as #3 and on down the list.

Also, there was a question earlier about fear that a PNM may be released from all chapters. In recent years, I don't think this is very common. I have talked to parents who occasionally claim their daughter was "cut from all sororities at IU" but after further discussion learn they had a couple sororities left but decided not to continue.