View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 11:56 PM
GreekChat Member

I am truly happy for you and your sweet daughter! Theta is a great organization and I believe that her experience will be a wonderful one.

Our recruitment story was not as happy. My daughter is an out of state freshman, captain of her high school dance team, on student counsel, has a great grade point average and she is now a member of one of the best choirs on Auburn's campus. During the week she was impressed at how sweet all the girls were to her and was so excited that she might have friends so early in college. She had over 30 recommendations (many from Auburn alumni) and was completely open to any house.

We were shocked when she was dropped from recruitment.

She has not stopped crying and just wants to come home or look for a school where she does not feel rejected. She has found a church that I hope will help her through this difficult time, but of course, she can't talk about her experience because she feels so humiliated. I myself have withdrawn from my friends and the many people that wrote recommendations for her as I just don't know what to say.

I would like to encourage you Moms that are so fortunate to have a daughter in the Greek community at Auburn to be grateful and joyful that you are not trying to help your daughter through this heartbreaking experience that has overshadowed the beginning of college.

I wish you many blessings over the next 4 years.