View Single Post
Old 06-13-2016, 04:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificOtter View Post
Hello, I was actually browsing to see if anyone was in an MGC sorority, and I wanted to seek some advice in this thread? I will be starting as a freshman this fall also in a state school in California and they similarly only have MGC sororities. I really want to rush and participate in Greek life the next two years, but I will be transferring out to a different state school in my junior year which has all NPC sororities. So, if I rush and join an MGC sorority for these next two years, will I not be allowed to join an NPC one once I transfer out? I've been unable to find any rules clarifying this anywhere and I most definitely want to be in Greek life all four years. Also, how would this affect me in the eyes of the NPC sororities? Would they think it was, for lack of a better word, disrespectful to drop the sorority from a different school? Thank you so much!
The only rule for NPCs is that you not have been an initiated member of another NPC group. If you pledged a multi-cultural sorority, you would still be eligible to join an NPC group at your new school.