Thread: Hi Y'all!
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2018, 05:30 PM
GreekChat Member

WOW! I can't be the only one wondering how on Earth hasn't Christopher Guest made a mockumentary out of recruitment? What a wild ride that was! Everyone kept warning us that it was "competitive" at UT but I think they were getting that word mixed up with BRUTAL. Strangely, the end results end up exactly as they should be. I'm happy to report that my daughter did go in with an open heart to all chapters and is currently in her top choice from round 1 that is filled with intelligent, loving, beautiful women. If she will give me permission, I'll share her story later on and will reveal her letters then.

Take away lessons for future UT Moms of PNMs: (Deep) Connections matter. Rec letters (from people who actually know you and are Alum Greek UT) matter. Personality matters. Being a legacy (Alum Greek UT) matters. Social media matters. Being a Freshman matters (spaces for sophomores are extremely limited, especially for those who went through the year before and dropped because they didn't like what they "ended up with" (eye roll) I would say grades matter, but this is UT so you have to have the grades anyways. Keeping an open mind and trusting the process SUPER matters. If you or your daughter ignore these, then she could end up being cut from all houses. Yes, even if she is intelligent, loving, beautiful (and rich)