View Single Post
Old 10-20-2018, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetaIotaDZ View Post
The Plymouth State proposal does sound positive. I am confused about the statement that there was a Greek system 50 years ago that has taken a hiatus. Was that system all fraternities? I ask because the NPC recruitment thread shows only DZ and ASA as ever having been on the campus. There do seem to be several local social groups and national service groups that also have Greek letter names. Could this be about encouraging these organizations affiliate with NPC or IFC groups? Or is this about expanding campus membership affiliations to current non-joiners to build bonds for future alumnus? Would enjoy knowing more about what the university offers the groups in the way of group living, dining, meeting, or workshop opportunities as that is what would probably attract interest in national extension on the NPC/IFC end. Support of the administration means everything to any campus endeavor. So glad to read about an administration that sees the mutual benefit of membership in a smaller personal group with being part of a greater educational institution.
A lot of Plymouth’s problems back then came from an incompetent Greek advisor who refused to recognize or assist the (some of them long-standing) locals, even when they requested it and had no desire to be “underground.”

I’m sure most institutions would prefer national groups so as to spread out the responsibility & not have it all on the school, but if that’s not happening, you need to work with what you have instead of belittling and pushing away people.

This new prez is coming from Penn State Behrend so hopefully he is realistic about what to expect for a school of this size and demographics.