View Single Post
Old 10-01-2014, 11:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew23 View Post
I am going to rush as a senior and I could use some tips. Should I bring friends who want to rush to rush events? If I can't find anyone should I still go? Do I have to go to every rush event because if I check out multiple fraternities then this will not be possible?
I don't want this to sound harsh, but you're a senior. If you're afraid to go to social events on your own, you may have some trouble in the real world.

Forget about what your friends want to do, and instead, focus on what you truly want. Feel free to tell your friends that you're going to attend a rush event, and if they want to join you, that's great. If they don't, that's great too. Go on your own.

Fraternity rush is much different than it is for the sororities. Unless you attend one of the few schools with formal fraternity recruitment, then you can go to as many rush parties as you want, for as many fraternities as you want, and you aren't required to go to all of them.

However, I would generally recommend that you find a few fraternities that you're interested in, befriend the brothers ahead of time if possible, and attend as many of each of their events as possible.

Good luck!

@~/~~~~

Last edited by ASTalumna06; 10-01-2014 at 11:45 PM.