View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 01:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners52674 View Post
If you understand that any credible information on this topic would be discussing MS (which we all know is not done on this board) and everything else is speculation I'm not sure what kind of discussion you're expecting here?
the same could be said of the Bama controversy.

Quote:
Since the majority of PNMs at Alabama are OOS -- even in the chapters that are in-state strongholds -- it would be impossible to compile a pre-selected list of PNMs one does not know, or expect that any PNM would pledge. These OOS PNMs are obviously not rubbing noses with in-state alums.
I did consider the fact that analysis of the Alabama bid lists (as well as other schools) had been done. This does not preclude circumstances that the PNM's mothers/parents know each other from hometowns/high schools/etc; even if the daughters had grown up after the parent had moved out of state.

Or in another example, where some schools have strong links to some communities/high schools out of the state. At USC there are probably a lot of incoming OOS women from Texas who are known by actives due to the fact Texas has the largest OOS population at the school.

Quote:
Texas is VERY much about connections, and their big fight with the alumnae is probably over this issue and less about race.
This is what I was getting at. Are there some schools where it is disingenuous to say to PNMs: "Don't worry about not having any connections at [School], just look presentable and be yourself"

Last edited by 28StGreek; 09-13-2013 at 01:06 AM. Reason: eta