View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 02:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Fall Recruitment

Hi everyone! I will be starting at College of Charleston in the fall and I had a few questions. I am very interested in joining a sorority. I am good at making new friends and feel as though I am approachable/easy to talk to. I have lots of extracurriculars (student council, honor council, snhs, girl scout for 13 years and have my gold award). I feel like the only thing that could prevent me from getting a bid from a sorority is my GPA. My unweighted 9-11 gpa is a 2.8. Not going to go into details, but about a month before my junior year started my best friend and her entire family were killed. My grades suffered immensely my junior year because I could not focus on school at all. So far this year I have maintained a 4.0...I had a 3.5 my freshman year and about a 3.0 sophomore year. (all of these are unweighted) I'm waiting to sign up for rush until i get my final transcript and see that my cumulative GPA is a 3.0 or over. Should I rush as a freshman, or should I wait to rush as a sophomore? Thanks!