View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 07:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Transfer already in sorority?

Okay, I have read a handful of threads about non-greeks transferring universities and asking about what their chances of joining a sorority would be at their new school. None of these threads really helped me because I am already in a sorority at my current school and I was wondering about my chances of getting into that same sorority at a different university. Would I still have to go through the entire recruitment process or would I have a different process since I'm already a member? Does anyone know about this?

Currently, I'm a DZ at a smaller university in the midwest. Our greek community is pretty small here and from what I have read our recruitment process is a lot more laid back, and quite frankly easier, than the schools I have been looking at. I want to transfer to a school in a more southern area with a DZ chapter. I plan on transferring as a Junior, so I would probably be at the new school for three years once I finish all of my credits. I'm just wondering what my chances of this happening are. I would hate to go though moving so far away and working to get into a school, just to end up not getting a bid or something.

Last edited by 18AndInvincible; 10-16-2010 at 07:28 PM.