View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 07:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Issues with Sisterhood and Respect

This semester, after transitioning into a new eboard with a new president, my chapter has been really struggling with cliques, trust, respect and sisterhood. I graduate in the Fall and it breaks my heart to see the way my chapter is going and I want to see it get better before I leave. We are a pretty small chapter with only 30 members, but we are one of the bigger ones on campus and with the way things are going I fear our chapter will die out in the coming years.

One of the sources of the problems we've been experiencing is our new president is very cold, blunt with a bad case of tunnel vision. The way she speaks to chapter members in a way that is not very respectful or compassionate about even the simplest of topics, and doesn't seem to realize it.

Do you have any suggestions on a) how to talk to the president about how the chapter is feeling b) how to improve the overall sisterhood aspect of our chapter? I was thinking of some kind of sisterhood retreat with bonding activities, but I'm just not sure.