View Single Post
Old 02-14-2008, 02:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: location, location... isn't that what it's all about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTCHAOS View Post
I was looking at Youtube and saw that this SAE issue has been going on for yeeeeeeears.

Your NHQ may be doing a cost-benefit analysis and finding that it is not worth all of the trouble. Maybe they believe that people with an ounce of investigative ability can figure out that the Philipine SAE isn't associated with the real SAE. Even if they are using all of the symbols.

This is tough. Pardon me if this is none of our business but has your NHQ not issued a formal statement about this? Ever?
Yeah, honestly, I can see where the cost/benefit math would come in to play.

As soon as I saw what was obviously their home-made flag, I could tell they were "playing" SAE. And frankly, they seem like pretty decent, clean-cut kids, if they were a bunch of hooligans doing questionable things, I could see your HQ being a lot more concerned. Their choice of SAE to "claim" could be seen as being somewhat flattering; they even give themselves chapter names.

Anyone familiar with the greek system will know they're not "real" SAEs. And I think anyone who otherwise wouldn't have a clue wouldn't get a bad image of SAE from what's up there (in fact, they might be impressed that SAE's reach is so big), so until or unless they cross the tasteful line, maybe they're thinking, what's the harm?