View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 12:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerpwak View Post
So yesterday I came back from a frat dinner pretty upset. There were about 30 or so guys (the number of guys they’re hoping to take in) and we all had to tell a funny story. Well me being me I completely blew it and it wasn’t all that funny. As other people were going I noticed a brother in the back was writing things down as each rushee spoke. This leads me to believe that I’ll get cut because I didn’t tell a story as good as the others. I know it sounds stupid, but what are the possible outcomes out of this situation?
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerpwak View Post
Should I not be worried? I mean is it possible to be cut cause my stroy was so bad? I guess it’s kinda silly because I got to talk to the brothers and get to know them and got invited to the dinner. Just super nervous is all.
You could be cut for any number of reasons, and unless someone here on Greekchat is in that chapter, we can't tell you why. And even if we could, we wouldn't - membership selection is private.

However, if a chapter cuts you based solely on how unfunny your story is, methinks you should move on (and fast) and not be too upset about it. That would be a pretty ridiculous way for a chapter to determine who their brothers will be. In fact, I think it's pretty ridiculous they put you on the spot like that to begin with.

@~/~~~~