View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 09:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheri45b View Post
Hello, I am an undergraduate student who has always been pushed to pledge like my mom did. Obviously I was always open to the idea, but when I made my college decision I ended up going to a school that forbids Greek life. My mother informed me that I still had a chance to go during my graduate years if I wanted to. The only reason I am hesitant is because when I look at my mom that is my visualization of her sorority. It is nothing negative, I admire my mother extremely. But I accepted that I am not my mother, and honestly we are completely different from each other. My mother is very girly and extremely confident, and I always been the sporty and more introverted person in our family. I know it’s not accurate to assume that one organization has the same personalities, but I can’t beat the feeling that I won’t fit in or live up to their standards. This has been something that stopped me everytime I think about the idea of pledging. Call me out if I am overthinking this whole situation (I tend to do that a lot), and also see if you can clear up my misconceived thoughts about sororities in general. Thank you!
It sounds like you're talking about pledging an NPHC group, in which case our advice (and the people giving it) would change a lot. Can you clarify?