View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 11:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Reds6 Send a message via Yahoo to Reds6
Quote:
Originally Posted by poeticace View Post
Not to put words into my Soror's mouth, but I'm going to explain one of her statements from my personal end... I too am mixed (although in appearance, I'm white) - with Czech, Norwegian, English, Black, Cherokee, and Spanish. When I was seeking out orgs, I headed to the multicultural ones simply because a) by appearance ALONE I would not be "black" or "Latina" enough to join D9 or Latina orgs b) I wasn't considered "white" enough (in actions) to be a part of a historically white org. I was never rejected or any such sort from any other org, so I don't think she's saying that the D9 organizations reject people who are mixed, I think she's saying she didn't feel comfortable enough to be in an org who is historically black. That does not mean that they wouldn't have accepted her, it's just a personal decision...

Soror, please correct me if I'm wrong, this is just my interpretation of what you were trying to say
Ok you and your Soror sound mis-informed. Do you realize how many of us can go down our family line and say we have this and that in regards to different heritages in our blood line. When I hear someone say they aren't this or that enough I think they aren't comfortable with themselves and who they are.
Oh BTW, they coming for your azz too.