Thread: MRABA Appeals?
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2020, 09:38 PM
GreekChat Member

thanks, 33, for linking to mountainmama's recruitment from 2019.

So here's the deal, OP: you have had two bites at the apple, and you were offered a bid this year. That's incredible (at least to me it is), considering what your experience was last year. You either grow up, graciously become a member of the sorority that extended you a bid, and make the best of it. Or you decline your bid/resign, and accept that the sorority ship most definitely has sailed away and you're not on it. Because I guarantee with high confidence that you will not get a third bite. If I'm wrong I'm sure you'll come back and tell me next year. And there is nothing, I repeat nothing, for you to appeal. The system worked just fine.

As many of my Panhellenic sisters have stated, you weren't high enough on your "preferred chapter's" bid list to be extended a bid. Period. Total is set after recruitment ends, hence the chapter may have had spots to fill for many reasons. Okay I'm being redundant. Making sure to get it through your head.

The choice is yours.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity