Thread: MRABA Appeals?
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2020, 05:53 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainmama View Post
I got so screwed over during rush this year. I rushed as a sophomore with so many friends in one house that I wanted to be in so badly. I got to pref round and my best friends have told me that everyone ranked me very high and they basically thought it was a guarantee I would end up there. Somehow, I ended up in my second choice. I talked to a panhel exec and she said that sometimes even if I want a chapter and they want me, I could end up in my second choice if they have me higher on their bid list. I really feel like I am meant to be in that other chapter and I am so upset because they are giving out COBs but I can't take one because of the MRABA. I am bound to the other sorority and can't rush for a year. I know this sounds crazy but has anyone ever heard about appealing the mraba? I think you can if a rule has been violated. I honestly feel like I was bid promised but by starting an appeal I would be accusing the chapter I wanted to join. I know everyone is telling me to just be happy about my second choice but honestly this system is so corrupt and I'm sick of just accepting that "that's just how it works". If I wanted my first choice and they wanted me I should have gotten them, simple as that.
I am sorry that your first choice didn't have you high enough on their list for you to receive a bid from them. It doesn't matter where your 2nd choice house had you. You could be #1 on their list-if your first choice had you anywhere on their list that your name appeared before they pledged quota, you would have gotten a bid to your first choice. 2nd choice sororities do NOT prevent you from receiving a bid to your desired house.

Good sleuthing 33.

Last edited by FSUZeta; 09-09-2020 at 06:00 PM.