View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 07:46 PM
Super Moderator

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that appealing the decision would be the very worst thing you could do. You don't know why you didn't get a bid, and probably never will, so you have no leg to which to stand for an appeal. Besides, you will be immediately labeled as "the chick who wanted to appeal".

Even though colonies will take upperclass women, they don't want too many. The national organization doesn't want to be recolonizing within another four years. Yes, they need juniors, but certainly not as many as freshmen or sophmores.

If you really want this sorority, do your best to become friends with some of the new colony members. When they have either formal or open recruitment, go for it. They may not have the same "problem" with you that the interviewer did. Or maybe they will. You'll never know, unless you try.

I actually know of one case when this was the exact scenario. The woman waited until formal recruitment, knew enough of the sisters, and got a bid. She ended up being on Homecoming Court, and the national office was fairly impressed with her tenacity.