View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 11:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBearADPi View Post
For formal recruitment this year, we had a supposed alum come to help us out. She seemed really nice and helped out a lot! But, later we found out that she tried to order a badge from our International Office, who had no record of her ever being initiated. This person claimed to have been initiated by our chapter but upon looking through old composites, she was nowhere to be found and other alums that would have been active with her had no memory of her! She added almost all of my sisters on Facebook and later started adding some women from another sorority at my university as well. Later, we found out that she was looking into adult initiation into that sorority.

So, I guess what I want to know is if anyone had ever had something like this happen at their chapter?
Never happened to my chapter both when I was a collegian and later when I became an alum.

Whenever the collegiate chapter needs help, we usually get an email from the Alum Chapter president/liaison to the collegians. Once in a while we'll get Random Alum who just moved to the area who'll contact the collegiate chapter offering to help, but the collegians are advised to direct her to the Alum Chapter immediately.

In my experience as a member, an alumna just doesn't contact a collegian without going through proper channels. Exceptions are made for advisors and special relationships, like alum chums.