View Single Post
Old 02-25-2007, 02:16 PM
GreekChat Member

It is a shame that there is so much negative PR for everyone involved in this situation. Each NPC group has had to deal with chapter reorgainization at some time or another, and it is a difficult thing.

I knew of a group whose HQ came in for a big campus wide PR blitz and COB effort in the spring only to vote to yank a charter less than 6 months later because recruitment goals were not met. How terrible for those women who had pledged that spring and been initiated only to have the charter pulled a short time later. This happened just 5 years after this same group had all current chapter members go alum, sat out of recruitment, and then re-colonized after formal recruitment was over. There were bitter feelings all around and they never did regain any momentum.

These are never easy situations and it is really sad to see the dirty laundry aired. I had the New York Times article in my Sunday paper this morning, and while I am not a DZ I absolutely hate to see this kind of negative PR for any group because it is bad for the entire system as a whole.