View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 08:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
I would remain employee because due to the affordable care act, insurance rates are sky high, and as he is required to have insurance, he would be paying a big chunk of change directly out of his pocket.
That's a very good point. Djinn has put an email into his insurance broker to get a price quote on health insurance if he is paying out of pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
I think the ethical thing to do here, considering Djinn is already looking elsewhere and will likely land in that elsewhere soon, would be to take the contract money. Djinn might also explore the benefits of forming an LLC to be paid through and what additional tax advantages might apply to his situation as a contract employee. Those who remain will remember the way he graciously bowed out and perhaps that kindness will be repaid at some point.
Djinn agrees with you. He is highly employable and some orgs are interested in speaking with him for the 2018-19 term. He is also handsome. Very, very handsome.

What kind of lawyer should Djinn seek out to help him with establishing an LLC? Does it even take a lawyer's help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiSis View Post
I would keep the full employment. If the company isn't meeting their goals there is a possibility they would continue to decline. The contract workers are the ones who would go first in the next round. And loyalty shmoyalty. You take care of you. Take the money, keep looking and jump ship at the first opportunity that exceeds the current one. The only way to move up is to keep moving.
Djinn knows that the decline of the org is a certainty, but believes that others would be axed before contractors. (He is a betting man.)

Djinn agrees with you otherwise and appreciates the advice.

Thanks everyone!