View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 12:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
Oh, I know why some people might feel that way. I just don't think you'll NEVER fit because of those issues.

My point was that recruitment is less of a "magical we just clicked" thing than people make it out to be.
Very true. At the same time, speaking as an 18-year-old on behalf of 18-21 year olds, it's hard to remember that there's going to be sorority life beyond the semester or school year. It's hard to mentally configure the concept of a "lifelong" situation (or even one that will last through all of college!). I think a lot of girls want to fit in and they want to fit in now. Especially for freshman living away from home and family/friends--they want to replace the friends they don't see anymore quickly and easily. Of course, in that, they forget that it took years to get to the point where you and your best friend could spend hours on skype, watching each other study for midterms in completely separate states.

But I feel that tenacity and active participation can overcome a lot of non-fit issues. 33's right, though. It totally depends on what led you to join in the first place.

MelindaWarren aka Bellatrix Lestrange
Wanna follow me on Pinterest? PM me!
"It is our choices that show who we truly are, far more than our abilities."-Albus Dumbledore