Thread: Her badge
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2017, 05:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternallyours View Post
My grandmother left us in July, in her will she left my cousins and I all of her jewellery, I'm not an only grandchild but I've always considered my other cousins to be trustworthy, on the day she died her jewellery box went missing (it was stolen by one of my cousins) and I've just now recovered it. She didn't really care much for jewellery but she personally left me her Greek badges (an opal pi phi badge, diamond pi phi badge, an emerald pi phi badge, a sapphire pi pi badge, a ruby pi phi badge and a plethora of Kappa badges. All predating the 1950s.), I'm a Kappa and I have no use for Pi Phi badges (as beautiful as they are) but my cousins think that they have a claim to some of the money since they think that the badges should be sold and we should all take an equal claim to the cash. Since she personally left them to me, I want to send them back to Pi Beta Phi, is this greed on my part? The money doesn't matter to me but she does and always will. She raised me to believe that when you really love something or someone that sometimes it's best to let go. Pi Phi raised her. She came to America with basically nothing and a full scholarship to college. Pi Phi put a roof over her head and food in her mouth, Pi Phi gave her friends who loved her until the very end, and Pi Phi gave her the love and security that she never received from her family. Pi Phi also gave her the courage to gain the skills that would help her secure her future. That's why I want to give them back. Even though my cousins think that they're just gold and gems in a box, I look at them and think of a woman who was born into poverty and rose through the ranks. I'm proud to be one pair of the Monmouth Duo and even though my partner has left me, I know that she is there to guide me and that I will see her again.
Kappa Love and Mine.
Eternallyours.
(Sorry if this is confusing. I just felt this pressure on me and I needed to get this off my chest.)
QFP and left to Kappas/Pi Phis here on GC to sort out...