View Single Post
Old 02-18-2017, 04:59 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sigtau305 Send a message via Yahoo to sigtau305 Send a message via Skype™ to sigtau305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
I'm not sure where public schools think it's okay to punish speech, but in this case, when done in conjunction with the national organization, I think they're well within their power to request an organization discipline itself. As for expelling students for being racist morons, I think that's another thing entirely. Schools can't simply expel students for speech alone or simply because someone is upset or threatened by the speech. That's blatantly unconstitutional. The cure for offensive speech is more speech.
Everyone in this Thread has made some points about what happened but I also see what our Nationals is trying to do. Everyone has the right to wear what they want on Halloween or any Costume theme event but they also have to realize certain costumes / designs may be not be acceptable to others.

IMO, STG HQ made the call because they feel it was necessary to let everyone know this type of action has no place in the Fraternity. Nationals has posted about the incident on Facebook. Based on the comments posted, Pretty much most members has approved the move.

LetEmKnow!!RollTau!!