Thread: Please help!
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2014, 12:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrey9911 View Post
Fall of 2012 I rushed a NPC sorority. I was an initiate member for a semester untill due to a personal family crisis, I took a break off of school for a year. In the time i was gone i needed my sisters and only a few were there for me. Now im back in the same school but I feel like my chapter changed so much. I hardly recognize some of my sisters. I feel as if sisterhood has gone down the drain. I tried reaching out to the new chapter president to see what I could do to be back in good standing but my attempts were ignored multiple times. After a couple months she finally got back to me and said she was going to consult our chapter advisor to see what they could do for me. At that point I was seriously considering deassociation. I love my sorority, our values, and everything we used to represent. I cant think of being in school and not being part of greek life. I know joining another npc or nphc is out of the question and there isnt much else to choose from. My question is if its possible for a group of ladies and I to start a local sorority and later expand into NPC? We do not want to remain a local for long due to the fact that our university doesnt recongnize sororities that arent planning to be part of a national. What are my options? Are there other national groups? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance

P.s. sorry if its alot to read. I want to be as detailed as possible to get the best advice.
QFP.

ETA: Comrades, you beat me to it!

@~/~~~~

Last edited by ASTalumna06; 08-16-2014 at 12:09 AM.