View Single Post
Old 03-24-2006, 10:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Lethbridge is not a premier school, its not the top in Canada or even close. But, it is the only University within a 2-3 hour drive of the area. It is expanding rapidly, and with Alberta's growing oil wealth I wouldn;t be surprised for the school to raise in stature. I personally would never go there, but doubt that it is a bad university.

Another thing ot consider is that almost all universities in Canada are not that much different from one another, they all have similar programming. Some have thier strengths and weakness, but they are all funded by the government. They are not private schools, and are thus very similar in quality to one another.

Yes, the chapters in Canada are smaller. Fraternities in general are not as well known here, and schools are organized very much different. I think the question about why so much time is being focused up here should be redirected to an American, and the question should be, 'why are you not trying harder to expand to more schools in the USA?' The reason time is spent in Canada trying to grow the chapter count is because we all want to see the fraternity grow. The more presence we have, the easier it is to recruit and make our other chapters stronger.

There is a focus up here, not only to get to the best institutions but also to be the 1st fraternity at schools. We are braving the way where many other fraternities can not.