View Single Post
Old 02-03-2002, 12:05 AM
UMgirl

Scary story(At Least For Me It Was):

This past summer I got to live in the house, while I was taking classes (the house is always closed during it, but they made an exception). I was a lil nervous at first being in such a huge house (can house 66 girls), and the only other person who was there was our house mom, but at the time she had went away for a judical conference for a week. There had always been rumors about some girl who hung herself, but we wer always told it was just to scare new members, and about the homeless man living in our basement, and a deceased founder roaming the house. So when she went away for the wek and I started hearing more noises than usual it wasnt fun. One day I decided to go up to the third floor to find something. It was about 80 degrees up there so I decided to head back down. You have to go thru this narrow and steep stairwell to get down.The door to the thrid floor is always open, so I just went thru. When I got to the third to last stair, I turned to look back for some reason and the 3rd floor door slammed shut. No wind, no nothin. Needless to say I bolted out of the stairwell and into my room, locked the door and didnt come out the entire night.

Interesting story:

This is a big rumor at UM about the old Sig Ep-Beta chapter. Back in like the early mid 90's the Sig Ep's had alot of troubles on campus and their Nationals put them on probation. No parties, No campus events, nothin. However, the guys decided to hold a cops and robbers party. Well a member and his girlfriend got into a fight, and him being so pissed at her, he took her into the basement and handcuffed her to a chair and left her there.Eventaully after a couple of hours, they went down and got her out. Well sometime that week the girl called thier Nationals and told them about the party and what happened. Nationals came in and revoked the charter. The members were supposedly upset and didnt like it at all. Most ppl didnt feel to sorry for them considering what happened to the girl. However, a few days later the Sig Ep house burned to the ground. No on knows who did it or how it happened, but most ppl including the authorities think its pretty interesting that the members managed to have no damage done to their property. Why? Cuz somehow all of their stuff had been moved out of the house. They only stuff that was found was every single composite, and fraternity owned things (like manuals, paddles, etc). Obviously its RUMORED that they burned down their house after being yanked, but no one can prove it even though ppl are sure. Its always funny to hear the story from ppl who were around then and from Sig Ep's in nearby chapters saying, yeah but no one can prove it