View Single Post
Old 10-21-2015, 06:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffins&Quills View Post
There is a site plan for Georgia Tech. First one of the last row.

http://hugarchitects.com/portfolio/g...eek-housing-i/

It was done when Hug was chosen to build Alpha Phi's house. The site plan photos were actually together with the Alpha Phi house plans, but it looks like they've removed the house plans and just have the site plan now. As it is, Alpha Phi when they chartered were living in an independently owned cottage smack dab in the center of the greek sector that was never really intended for sorority/fraternity housing (due to size). That's now been sold to a fraternity that's been on campus a few years but was operating without a house. And Alpha Phi is renting the Phi Tau house for 2 years while Phi Tau is off campus. Originally they were planning to build next to ADPi but the story was that there were gas lines under the property, so, I don't know if that lot is a viable option anymore. Or what the status of their building plans are.

There are lots available. And any new group will need a house and quickly. But land is very expensive. The parking lot behind Alpha Xi is roughly $1.6 million. When Alpha Gam was building their new house, they lived together on a dorm floor.

There has been a lot of construction in the greek sector in recent years with more to follow. I know Delta Sigma Phi is working on plans for a new house, Alpha Gam, FIJI and Kappa Sig are all brand new, and TKE split their reconstruction into two parts and the back half of their house is new.
Wow. I'm being taken back to the mid-90s. I dated a Ga Tech Kappa Sig before dating my now-husband. Didn't know that house was no longer.