View Single Post
Old 03-09-2006, 11:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by moe.ron
Yup, however, ultimately it is the responsibility of the Homeland Security to check all the employees of the ports to ensure there are no Al-Qaeda mole. It all goes back to Homeland Security. If Homeland Security is run properly, there should be no problem. Plus, has there been any allegation that the particular firm has any connection to Al-Qaeda?

About the 6 ports, I have to retract that statement for the time being. It seems that the Saudi firm runs a terminal in those ports. Here is a good editorial about how the entire thing is being blown out of proportion and I personally feel it has an underlying xenophobic message:

Link to the Editorial
Do you realize how ridiculous that statement sounds?

The word "Properly" is subjective. What you meant is the word "Perfect". Security systems run the way they run and that's that. People make mistakes. Terrorists and thieves will always exist. Nowhere is there no crime.

And the UAE is a partial owner in this firm. Is that the same UAE that hosted Osama? I believe so. That's an Al-Qaeda tie right there.

But the kicker about the entire thing is that the UAE and this company support an embargo against Israeli goods (coincidentally the Israelis are supportive of this deal for some bizarre reason). That sounds...xenophobic.

-Rudey