View Single Post
Old 04-28-2017, 03:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Earp View Post
summer__gphib,

you bring up very good points! I think the Sororities there use the term quota. But as I was told all are over quota (Normal Memberships). As I said, 6 Fraternities and 3 Sororities which all of the Fraternities would love to see some expansion. I always look forward to any Greek Expansion on any campus!! Good luck on expansion first!

But 2 things must be in place.
1. The School must be okay.
2. The Organization must want to move there and want to be accepted by the School.

Also, then throw in, are there Chapters near who could be of help or would want to? Would you have a chance to get housing if all were housed or do they all live in the dorms??
Still az lot of unanswered questions here!!
No, quota is the number of PNMs a chapter can take. Total is the word for which you are searching. That's the ceiling number though in reality it's not uncommon for chapters to be over that as quota grows. All the other items you bring into question are ones the national orgs will discern for themselves. And the school must formally "open" for expansion, groups must then apply, come for a campus visit, be invited to present and then be extended an offer. That's the process.