View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 03:41 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't normally respond to these, but yours struck a nerve. My daughter just went through rush and was cut from my sorority on the third day. Not only did I have to hear it from her (as opposed to national HQ or from a chapter alum), she got the news via cell phone!! Obviously, that is the way they do it there. But can you imagine? And to make things worse, when my daughter called me to tell me she had been "released from rush", I started laughing thinking she was playing a "joke" on me! To put the icing on the cake, her roommate pledged MY sorority!!!! Can it get any worse than that? My child is so hurt, not because she (or I) felt like she should automatically be given a legacy bid, but because she really liked them alot and they expressed the same to her, even talking about me and the legacy connection. At this point, I am asking myself "What is the point in even being a "legacy" if it doesn't count for anything?" Why even mention it on the rush application?" I think what I am most hurt about is that my local alum group knew she was going through and the rec. chair did the rec. and not one of them has even bothered to call or e-mail to show support. Obviously, it has never happened to them or they would have for sure. Sorry to be so negative and yes, I know I sound bitter. But truly, its just more hurt and frustration than anything. When your child hurts, you do too!